So this list of important things went out on 5/16 for All Of Us and only got 63% opens. While that is good for 1 day everyone must have this information for when they arrive. It is extremely helpful if the clicks are there before you arrive for classes, volunteering and the other stuff… all very important. Please take a looksie:
All Of Us event 2017
UPPER LAKE, CALIFORNIA
This email has links and information about many important factors when preparing for the event. This includes ride share and getting involved through the week. This is a 10 principle event which means everyone is expected to help out a little each day for:
1. Community Engagement
3. LNT – Leave No Trace
4. Radical Self Reliance
5. Radical Inclusion
So help us out by being prepared mentally and physically so we can present an amazing event designed with you in mind.
In just a matter of days it all happens once again. What was formerly the Queer Burner Retreat is now All Of Us event. It is the only regional style event in the world focused on LGBTQ++ participants in the Burning Man culture. It is a 10 Principles based event with a mission of fostering Community & Leadership. We also seek to see others rise into their own in whatever forms they take that goes to the next level of participation and doing.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS must have legal identification when checking in at the gate showing they are at least 18 years or older.
- Everyone will have to complete a waiver agreement when coming in. It would be really helpful if you had it printed and filled out before you came – LINKED HERE
- Need a ride or can offer one? Sign-up on the Carpool – LINKED HERE
- Sign up early for your volunteer role – LINKED HERE
- Sign up for workshops – LINKED HERE
- Housing / Food Needs – LINKED HERE
The waiver has some language in it that is very important. Please look it over carefully. And yes, in order to come into the event it must be completed with your identification. All participants will have to wear a colored bracelet upon check in:
- 1 color if under 21
- another color if 21 plus
- and/or another if you do not want to appear in photos or video
We want everyone to feel safe and welcome.
Some quick facts:
- IF you are in a bed you MUST have bedding. There is a place to order it on the Eventbrite. Or, you may be required to buy it when you arrive unless you have your own.
- Bring your own towels, toiletries, cup … just like going to Burning Man
- SCREEN PRINTING at ALL OF US!!! Bring a t-shirt or garment for large screen prints
“The Journey” is printing art logo prints and the All Of Us Official Logo
You can bring t-shirts, coats, anything that can take screen printing
- There are 2 meals a day : 10 am Brunch & 6:30 Dinner : & snacks
- There is a lot of activities from amazing hiking to pool and jacuzzi space
- This is a clothing optional event (except in dining room and kitchen)
- NO GLASS is allowed in the pool area at any time
- SMOKING IN DESIGNATED AREAS ONLY
- Bring your favorite bottle(s) for you and to share with your fellow campers along with any desired mixers. There is no open bar… but I bet someone will share. But… radical self reliance… BRING A CUP makes it a lot easier
*anyone giving persons under 21 alcohol will be asked to leave *